I love The Daybook. Sydney’s style is so classic and beautiful and amazing and if I had her wardrobe, I’d be happy as a clam. She also has a precious little baby. But that’s beside the point of this post.
One of my favorite features on The Daybook is Awkward and Awesome Thursdays. I find myself reading these posts and thinking, “That is so true!” So I’ve decided to write one of my own. Even though it’s Friday.
- getting looks from passers-by (I love that word) when I’m pushing the baby I nanny for in a stroller. Think whatever you want, but remember that I can see you!
- asking a woman what her baby’s name is, referring to the baby as a “she.” His name was Joseph. He was dressed in this little plaid jumper that I thought was a dress. Oops.
- watching a woman on a crowded Megabus pretend to have an injured foot just so she could get two seats to herself. She walked perfectly fine when she cut me in line at the checkout at the rest stop. I almost didn’t have time to purchase my Diet Coke before the bus left. Which would have been, you know, the end of the world.
- that everything from Anthropologie is so expensive. I wish there was an “Anthropologie Light” for broke college kids like me.
- the dog belonging to the family I nanny for has finally accepted me. He sits down next to me and lets me pet him, which is a big change from the constant growling and barking I’m used to.
- being a member of the Art Institute of Chicago. Makes me feel so cultured. Also they send me fun emails every once in awhile. Like one that let me make this.
- dark chocolate-covered malted milk balls for lunch. Because because.
- online shopping. If you’re paying full-price + shipping for something online, then you’re doing it wrong.
- exotic shorthair cats. I’m begging my boyfriend for one, even though both he and I are allergic and we don’t have a house for the cat to live in. A girl can dream.
- trashy summer TV. The networks must have figured that college students would feel too self-conscious to watch shows like “Take Me Out” and “Love in the Wild” in their dorms, so they put them all on in summer. How convenient! I know from experience, as watching “Dance Moms” in a dorm lounge is difficult enough.
And that’s all I can think of for now. I hope you all have lovely Fridays!
What is your favorite kind of candy?