How did you celebrate Valentine’s day?
I love Ruche because they have the cutest vintage-inspired dresses and accessories. Even iPhone cases… which we know aren’t remotely vintage at all.
Clockwise from top right:
What is your favorite decade? Mine is the 1950s!
Pinterest made me do it!
This flower was so fun to make and actually pretty easy! I used this tutorial to make it. The directions are very specific, so you can’t go wrong. I made a few changes, though:
1. I didn’t use a contrasting color for the back of the flower. I made this flower as a wall hanging, not a pin, so a pretty back isn’t necessary.
2. I’m terrible at sewing, so I didn’t sew felt into the middle of the flower. Instead, I rolled a strip of felt into a swirl and glued it on.
And here are a few tips:
1. Use a tape measure and pen to mark off the measurements on the felt. You want all the petals to be the same size.
2. Use Fabri-Tac adhesive like the directions say. It is amazing fabric glue that sticks well and dries quickly.
3. Use bobby pins to keep the flowers together while they dry. Mine only took about 10 minutes to dry enough for me to assemble the flower.
I’m going to keep making these pretty flowers in different colors and sizes to decorate my room. I love how simple and striking they look!
Next up: A Recipe…
Yum! I’ve had these many times, but I’ve never actually made them myself. I finally decided to give it a try, and they’re really easy and fun to make!
1. Combine 1 package Oreo cookies with 8 ox. cream cheese in a food processor. Grind them well in a food processor until sticky and formed into a ball.
2. Roll into 1-inch diameter balls and freeze for 1 hour. Meanwhile, melt 8 oz. almond bark in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Dip the balls in the almond bark and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
And that’s it! These don’t last long, so enjoy!
And finally… A Beauty Review!
Simple Eye Makeup Remover, $6.99
This UK brand just came to the US, and it is hands-down the best eye makeup remover I have ever used. It gets everything off, even waterproof eye makeup, and doesn’t leave an oily residue.
Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Peach Kiss, $2.99
This lip balm leaves lips soft and moisturized without being sticky. It has a light peach scent and just the right amount of color.
Have you tried any of these products? If so, what did you think?
What is your favorite kind of truffle?