Hi everyone! The lovely Kat gave me the Very Inspiring Blogger award! Thanks, Kat! You’re a doll. As a side note…she actually awarded me this a long time ago, but I haven’t had time to finish this post until now. Better late than never!
Anyway, here is what I have to do.
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements
Sounds doable! First, here are seven facts about me.
1. I am a very picky eater. In other words, it would be easier for me to list the foods I do like to eat than to list the ones I don’t. I like bland, simple foods, not complex flavors. It can get uncomfortable when I’m served something I don’t like, but over the years I’ve become an expert at dissecting foods and salvaging the good parts. I wasn’t sure what photo to use for this fact, so I picked this one. I’ll never be picky about chocolate cake from Portillo’s!
2. I’m very good at fast-forwarding through commercials in TV shows and stopping the fast-forward right when the commercials end. It’s random, but helpful! Unfortunately, it also means I usually have to be the designated remote-holder while I’m watching TV with other people.
3. I once met Vince Vaughn. I was running with my cross-country team around town, when a red convertible stopped near us. It’s a small town, so a car stopping in the middle of the road is pretty normal. But this convertible was bright red, shiny, and looked expensive, so we all noticed it. Vince (we’re on a first-name basis after this occurrence 😛 ) said to us, “You girls are going fast.” and drove away. It took us a second to process what had just happened, but when we did we all erupted into screams and squeals.
4. I have blue eyes even though neither of my parents do, I’m left-handed even though both my parents are right-handed, and I’m shorter than both of them. The genetics course I took last year didn’t explain any of this to me.
5. I really want a cat like this one.
6. I make to-do lists and schedules for pretty much everything. If I have several tasks to do, then I make a sticky note on my computer and type everything into a numbered list. As I work on things, I type in each item’s progress. For example, if I have to reply to 10 emails, and I reply to 7 before taking a break to work on something else, then I’ll type “replied to 7, 3 more to go” into the sticky note. It keeps me accountable, and it works well for me. Everyone should have a system that works well for them.
7. I really like scary movies, which most people don’t expect because I also love everything cute and pretty! I prefer to watch them during the day with the lights on, though. 😛 Because nobody really wants to look at a picture from a scary movie, here is another photo of a cat.
And now, 15 blogs that I think are very inspiring!
1. Katalyst Health Blog
2. Blueberry Smiles
3. Life to Run
4. I Heart Vegetables
5. Savor the Rainbow
6. The Run Within
7. Picky and Healthy
8. Love, Laugh, Laurie
9. Living, Learning, Eating
10. She’s On The Run
11. Julie Goes Healthy
12. Tofu Swag
13. Sweetly Fit
14. My Love Affair with Running
15. Chocolate Milk and Running Shoes
Since I’m so late in the game, a lot of you have probably already gotten this award. If you have and you don’t want to do this again, that’s totally cool with me. 🙂 These award posts are fun but they take a lot of time to write!
What is one fun fact about yourself?