I realized that I haven’t posted a recipe in a long time, so I figured today is a good day to get back to posting them! I made this macaroni n’ cheese last night for dinner, and it was delicious! It tastes like you spent hours cooking, but it only took around 30 minutes from start to finish. This makes a great quick dinner or an easy, comforting side dish. You can substitute whole-grain macaroni n’ cheese and whole-wheat breadcrumbs for added fiber. I used whole-grain pasta in mine, and it added a great, nutty flavor.
I wish I’d snapped a photo of the finished macaroni n’ cheese! Here are some recycled photos from an old post of mine. Next time I make this, I’ll be sure to take some!
Fancy Macaroni n’ Cheese
Serves 3 for dinner or 6 as a side dish
- 2 Boxes Annie’s Organic boxed macaroni and cheese (any flavor)
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Pour cooked macaroni into un-greased glass or porcelain baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and butter. Sprinkle over the top of the macaroni and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F covered with foil for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes.