I was nominated for the Liebster Award by both Courtney of Notably Neurotic and Allie of The Random Crafter. Thank you so much, ladies! I’m honored!
1. Let’s talk about fantasies: If two celebrities were fighting to the death for your love and affection, who would they be?
I would have to say Shemar Moore from Criminal Minds and Leonardo di Caprio when he was in Titanic.
2. What is your favorite fashion trend these days?
It’s definitely a tie between peplum and chevron!
3. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what movie would it be?
I love Pitch Perfect! It’s so clever and funny; I would have no problem watching it over and over.
4. What is your favorite breakfast food?
I love all breakfast foods: I could eat them for every meal! Omelets, waffles, French toast, pancakes, bagels… it’s all good!
5. What is your favorite Halloween costume of all time?
I have a hostess cupcake dress that I have worn for several years on Halloween: it’s cute and unique!
6. What’s your favorite article of clothing and why?
My Lululemon leggings are my favorites for sure. I have a cropped pair and an ankle-length pair. They’re expensive, but worth it because they’re thick enough to wear as pants, and made of high-quality material.
7. Who wore your favorite Oscars dress?
It may not be the Oscars, but Olivia Wilde’s Marchesa dress at the 2011 Golden Globes is my favorite ever! It’s stunning, she’s stunning… just an all-around amazing look.
8. When you jumped off the diving board as a kid, what was your go-to move? Cannon ball? Pencil dive?
I used to love practicing dance jumps off the diving board, so I would do toe-touches!
9. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
My last name starts with the letter “M” and it’s quite long, so I tend to sign things as “Courtney” or “Courtney M” instead of my entire name. “Em” is just the letter “M” spelled out.
9. Skinny jeans or flared jeans?
I don’t like wearing jeans: I’m all about leggings and dresses! But I’d say skinny jeans for sure because I can wear them with boots.
10. What was high school like for you?
Busy! I dabbled into absolutely everything in high school: cross-country, track, choir, ballet, debate (which was funny because I can’t argue at all), etc. etc. I loved high school because it helped me discover the things I enjoy, but more importantly, the things I really don’t enjoy.
11. Why do you love to blog?
I love to blog because I like sharing my thoughts (especially on the rare occasion I share something helpful), designing my blog, and most importantly, the valuable connections and experience I’ve gotten through my blog. It has helped me network with companies, connect to amazing, driven women, and has even helped me get jobs and leadership positions.
11 Random facts…
1. I have a huge weakness for Diet Coke. Regular Coke? Diet Pepsi? Absolutely not!
2. I’m allergic to mosquito bites. They swell up a ton and really hurt!
3. My dog, Daisy is the sassiest puppy ever. She is such a diva!
4. Some girls treat themselves to makeup or clothes, I treat myself to office supplies.
5. When I was little, I wanted to be a waitress, a supermodel, and a ballerina. I’ve done the first job, and it’s definitely not how I imagined it when I was five!
6. I hate getting my nails done. There’s something about strangers touching my hands and feet that sort of freaks me out.
7. I like the smell of coffee, but not the taste of it.
8. I have extremely small feet. I can buy shoes from the children’s section, and it’s great because they’re often identical to and less expensive than adult shoes.
9. I work in a lab that studies infant language acquisition. Babies are smarter than we give them credit for!
10. I used to dye my hair, but now I stick to the occasional Sun-In. It does work, and as long as your hair is light enough naturally, it won’t turn orange!
11. I want to be a speech-language pathologist when I grow up… which isn’t too far from now!
Answer one of these questions for me! 🙂