I’ve decided to write some goals for myself every few months. I find that setting small goals accomplishes more than setting big “resolutions.” Here are my goals for the first three months of the year!
1. Be more organized with my time. Classes are starting up again on Monday, and I am anticipating lots of reading this quarter. I have my highlighters and sticky tabs at the ready, and I want to spend all my time wisely. I find that budgeting my time and setting small goals for myself really helps me stay on-task; I just need to do it more!
2. Be more positive. I am generally a happy person, but when something goes wrong, I tend to think myself into a slump. For example, if I do poorly on an assignment, I’ll think: “I messed up on this, I bet the professor hates me now, I’ll never get that research job, I’ll never get into grad school, etc. etc.” It’s not good for me, so I want to avoid the negativity from the start.
3. Keep my closet organized. I’ve heard that every organized person has one part of their life that is a huge mess, and for me it’s my closet! My room is neat and tidy for the most part, but trying to find things in my closet is always a nightmare. I need to take the time to use my organizing abilities there!
4. Have a fun birthday. I’m one of those people who hates their own birthday. It makes me feel old and inadequate… I’m not sure why! I want to enjoy it this year and try not to dwell on the fact that I’ll be 20. I’ll be on vacation during it, so I am lucky and I deserve to have fun!
5. Have more fun. I’ll be the first to admit that I almost always pick a night studying in my PJs over a night out. When I have things I need to get done, I feel bad if I don’t do them ASAP. I want to get over this and enjoy the opportunities that I am given.
What are your goals for January-March?