Hi everyone! The lovely Kat gave me the Very Inspiring Blogger award! Thanks, Kat! You’re a doll. As a side note…she actually awarded me this a long time ago, but I haven’t had time to finish this post until now. Better late than never!
Anyway, here is what I have to do.
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements
Sounds doable! First, here are seven facts about me.
1. I am a very picky eater. In other words, it would be easier for me to list the foods I do like to eat than to list the ones I don’t. I like bland, simple foods, not complex flavors. It can get uncomfortable when I’m served something I don’t like, but over the years I’ve become an expert at dissecting foods and salvaging the good parts. I wasn’t sure what photo to use for this fact, so I picked this one. I’ll never be picky about chocolate cake from Portillo’s!
2. I’m very good at fast-forwarding through commercials in TV shows and stopping the fast-forward right when the commercials end. It’s random, but helpful! Unfortunately, it also means I usually have to be the designated remote-holder while I’m watching TV with other people.
3. I once met Vince Vaughn. I was running with my cross-country team around town, when a red convertible stopped near us. It’s a small town, so a car stopping in the middle of the road is pretty normal. But this convertible was bright red, shiny, and looked expensive, so we all noticed it. Vince (we’re on a first-name basis after this occurrence 😛 ) said to us, “You girls are going fast.” and drove away. It took us a second to process what had just happened, but when we did we all erupted into screams and squeals.
4. I have blue eyes even though neither of my parents do, I’m left-handed even though both my parents are right-handed, and I’m shorter than both of them. The genetics course I took last year didn’t explain any of this to me.
5. I really want a cat like this one.
6. I make to-do lists and schedules for pretty much everything. If I have several tasks to do, then I make a sticky note on my computer and type everything into a numbered list. As I work on things, I type in each item’s progress. For example, if I have to reply to 10 emails, and I reply to 7 before taking a break to work on something else, then I’ll type “replied to 7, 3 more to go” into the sticky note. It keeps me accountable, and it works well for me. Everyone should have a system that works well for them.
7. I really like scary movies, which most people don’t expect because I also love everything cute and pretty! I prefer to watch them during the day with the lights on, though. 😛 Because nobody really wants to look at a picture from a scary movie, here is another photo of a cat.
And now, 15 blogs that I think are very inspiring!
3. Life to Run
10. She’s On The Run
12. Tofu Swag
13. Sweetly Fit
Since I’m so late in the game, a lot of you have probably already gotten this award. If you have and you don’t want to do this again, that’s totally cool with me. 🙂 These award posts are fun but they take a lot of time to write!
What is one fun fact about yourself?