Happy Monday, everyone! I decided to jump on the #MIMM bandwagon.
Thanks to Healthy Diva Eats, for hosting this! The purpose of Marvelous Monday is to show off all the marvelous happenings in your life. I can do that!
1. I finished The Hunger Games! This is a big deal for me because I don’t usually read books. I remember when I was a kid and we were all expected to read for fun for 30 minutes each day, and I never did it and my teacher would yell at me. I was a good reader, I just didn’t see reading as a good use of my free time. Thankfully, now that I’ve gotten older I’ve discovered plenty of good books – I have even re-read some of them! But since apparently everyone in the world has read and loved The Hunger Games and it was conveniently in my house, I decided to read it. It’s a good story, but the writing isn’t as good as I expected it to be. I’m going to read the rest of the trilogy, just because I want to find out what happens.
2. I made Oreo balls this weekend! Aka, little parcels of amazing-ness.
Just combine 1 box of Oreos (don’t use double-stuf!) and 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese in a food processor to get a sticky dough. Refrigerate it for an hour, then roll into balls. Dip the balls into melted white chocolate chips and refrigerate them again. They’re easy and dangerously good. You can’t eat just one!
3. I’m working on some new beauty posts for you all! So get ready. 🙂 In the meantime, I found this website called The Beauty Department. They have amazing nail and hair tutorials that are full of pictures, which are absolutely necessary for me. I’ve probably read all the posts on the site in the course of a few days. That’s how much I love it. Go check it out!
4. I’ve been taking long walks with the little one I nanny during the week. We walk to the park, then sometimes I stop at the nearby Starbucks and get my usual drink: a Venti mocha Frappucino light. It’s delicious and not too heavy – perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth. Plus it has caffeine. Yay!
5. The Olympics are on!! I love that they are on TV at all hours of the day, and I have my DVR set to record pretty much every event. My favorites are diving, swimming, and gymnastics. Synchronized diving is especially fun to watch – it’s crazy how synchronized the athletes are. So much talent!
That’s all for now. The little one mentioned in #4 is awake and needs to be entertained. Aka, lots of games of peek-a-boo. Enjoy your Mondays, everyone!
Do you use Instragram? If so, what is your favorite filter? I use “rise” way too often.