Good evening, lovelies. I was out late last night working at a holiday party, but for some reason I woke up at 7 am anyway. Hmm. It did give me ample time to make breakfast, though.
Scrambled egg whites topped with melted cheddar, salt, pepper…
As well as an unpictured clementine and some Total cereal. I love bland cereal: give me some Total, Cheerios, bran flakes and I’m a happy girl! After breakfast I went to the gym, where I did the elliptical while watching 4 Weddings. Anyone else like that show? I’m obsessed!
I then went to The Container Store to pick up Christmas supplies. Their gift wrap wonderland is always incredible!
I also got 2 plastic containers for snacks- my food was all packed into a big tub at college, so it was tough to find what I was looking for. These containers are the perfect size for my bars!
I stopped at Trader Joe’s because it was next door. For some reason, this particular TJ’s is always competitive grocery shopping. The others I’ve been to have not been this way, but there I always feel like I’m about to be run over by frantic shoppers!
I bought valencia peanut butter with flaxseeds…
Dark chocolate-covered edamame – don’t knock it until you try it!
Laughing cow wedges…
When I got back home, I made chocolate chip cookies!
Go-To Chocolate Chip Cookies – makes 16:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 oz. (half a bag) chocolate chips – I like to combine semisweet and bittersweet chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and mix well.
2. Slowly mix in the flour, salt, baking soda, and vanilla extract until well-combined. Do not overmix!
3. Fold in the chocolate chips, then scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon-balls of dough onto a cookie pan. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
4. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 1 minute, then use a spatula to move them to a wire rack to cool completely. But why wait? They’re best when fresh out of the oven.
Today marks the beginning of holiday baking season for me! Tomorrow my boyfriend is coming over to make cookies, and I’ll probably be making more every day. Baking is my favorite pastime over the holidays, so I’m really excited. Here are some from Pinterest that I’ve been dying to try:
I’m getting hungry just looking at these photos.
Questions for you!
What is your favorite guilty pleasure tv show? I like Toddlers and Tiaras or any wedding show!
What is your must-make dish this holiday season? Any and all cookies for me!