Happy New Year, everyone! I can’t believe it’s 2011… I’m supposed to GRADUATE this year and start COLLEGE? Whoa… just whoa. I have a lot of [random] thoughts today, so this is going to be a list post, ok?
- If New Years Eve is amateur night, New Years Day is amateur day at the gym
Today somebody asked me how to use the elliptical. Not the buttons, the elliptical itself. I told them to put their feet on the pedals and move their legs. I definitely have a future in personal training.
- Oprah bought Discovery Health Channel and ruined it
Seriously, Oprah? DHC is the only channel I like to watch! And aside from CSI, House, and Jersey Shore, their shows are the most interesting! Oprah can buy a third-world country if she wants, so why did she choose to buy my beloved Discovery Health and replace its educational, fascinating programs with shows about herself? Dr. Oz should’ve stopped her.
- I haven’t shared a recipe in a while, so here’s one for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
When I’m too lazy to make legitimate round cookies, I spread the dough into a foil-lined, greased pan and say the resulting giant mass of cookie is “a batch of cookie bars.” You can do this with pretty much any drop cookie recipe- just add 5-10 minutes to the baking time.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and stir well. Gently fold in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Line a 8×8-inch square pan with foil, and spray the foil with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Eat.
Easy enough, right? 😉