I really like this cake. It looks like a bakery cake (you know, super dark?) and tastes very chocolate-y even though its made with regular old ingredients. Enjoy.
STICKY CHOCOLATE CAKE
1. Melt 1 stick of butter with 1 cup of granulated sugar. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup Hershey’s chocolate syrup.
2. Mix 1/2 cup of hot water with 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then add to the batter.
3. Stir in 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix it all together.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9-inch cake pan with foil. Liberally spray the pan with cooking spray. It’s called “sticky cake” for a reason, kiddos. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then let it cool on a rack completely. This should take at least 1 hour.
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
This recipe is so easy, it doesn’t even need instructions. In a big bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the following:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Use it to frost the cake. It will be a delicious combination that you’ll be sure to love. 🙂